We at The UFO Network had the absolute pleasure of chatting with Australian superstar Producer and DJ, Will Sparks. Incase you missed it, see our featured article on Will’s latest release Will Sparks x Amba Shepherd x Tyron Hapi – “Guilty as Sin” >>HERE<<
Check out our exclusive interview below and connect with will to stay up-to-date with the latest in new music and tour dates.
- Thanks for taking the time to chat to us Will! You had us bouncing around at UFO Headquarters … you have served up some proper bangers! Tell us about that first track that put you on the map in the electronic scene and the journey since.
Firstly, glad my music gets you guys moving! I’d say the first track that got me noticed on a worldwide scale was ‘Ah Yeah’. I first started playing it around my local circuit in Melbourne, and it was going bonkers. Then TJR started playing it in his sets and its just took off from there.
Journey since then has been insane. My music has taken me around the world countless times. I’ve been on more flights than you could imagine and clocked plenty of hours at airports. It’s all worth it though, I’ve played some amazing shows in some amazing places and made some great friends along the way. I love what I do.
- Latest track / EP? What are you working on currently? Tell us more.
I’ve recently released a track with Tyron Hapi called ‘Guilty as Sin’ and also ‘Delusion’ with Reece Low came out not too long ago.
In terms of what I’m working on now, I’ve actually been playing around and making some different sounding stuff lately, which I’m really enjoying. Also working through some collaborations, but I guess you’ll all just have to wait and see!
Listen to “Guilty As Sin” Below:
Download/Stream Here: bourne.lnk.to/GAS
- What single night out has been the most memorable for you as a DJ and Producer?
Wow, hard to pick out just one night! Last year played main stage EDC Las Vegas which was a crazy experience. Also have a few other memorable Vegas nights playing at XS, but we’ll save those stories for another time.
- What’s your opinion on the Australian electronic scene? Who is the next big DJ/producer to watch out for from down under?
Electronic scene in Australia dropped off a little bit after our major music festivals (Stereosonic and Future Music Festival) stopped running a few years back. Now though, with the Ultra brand coming to our shores, for Ultra Australia in February 2019, I think we’ll see a large resurgence of interest in the scene. Tyron Hapi is the first guy that comes to mind. Young kid with heaps of talent and a high ceiling.
- Give us the name of one track that never gets old for you no matter how many times you listen to it?
FTS – Showtek
Listen to this banger below:
- You’ve got some massive events in Europe coming up! What are you particularly excited about?
Too many amazing events in Europe. I recently played at Cavo Paradiso in Mykonos which next level! A couple upcoming that I’m really looking forward to are Untold Festival in Romania and Minitry of Sound in London.
- Special / favourite venue / event in Australia? What must we not miss out on if we’re visiting?
Billboard in Melbourne, The Met in Brisbane and Marquee in Sydney. All great spots definitely worth a visit.
- How do you get a track started? Tell us a bit about your production process. How long does it take you to complete a track on average, do you ever get writer’s block and who has been your favourite collab?
I just let it happen, I might not write anything for two or three weeks. Then one day I’ll get a rush of creative energy or I might hear something that really inspires me, so I open my laptop and just let it happen. I’m not a custom to writer’s block because I never force myself to make anything, if I’m not feeling it at that time then that’s just the way it is.
I love collaborating with friends of mine, like Joel Fletcher, Timmy Trumpet and Reece Low. Also collaborating with KSHMR has to be up there in my favorite collabs.
- Let’s chat about “We are your Friends” because we freakin’ dig the movie … and your runaway hit “Ah Yeah” has center stage in it. How did you feel when you first heard they wanted your song in a movie with Zac Efron and Emily Ratajkowski?
Absolutely stoked! Always an honor when my music is recognized and. ‘Ah Yeah’ was also used in a TV advert for the HBO show Ballers, which The Rock stars in.
- Fan question – “Choose one: Aussie Rules, cricket or rugby and why?”
Aussie Rules 110%!! I’m from Victoria which is the Aussie Rules state of Australia. We grow up playing it and watching it on the TV. For me, it’s the best sport in the world.
♬ Connect with Will Sparks ♬