Exclusive Interview & 60 Min Guest Mix With DANKO for
At only 17 years of age, rising Italian electronic music producer and DJ Danko (a.k.a. Samuel Gori) has already proven himself ‘one to watch’. Supported by the likes of Tiesto, Alan Walker and Hardwell and releasing on legendary imprints including Astralwerks, Dharma and Spinnin’ Records, the teenager increasingly tours the world and features in the set lists of the planet’s biggest superstar DJs
DANKO 60 Min Guest Mix for UFO Sessionz
Signing his debut single ‘Savior’ to Time Records in 2017, Danko soon followed up on his initial promise, releasing the Drop collaboration ‘I’ll Wait For You’ on Sony Germany, ‘Runaway’ on Knightvision Rec, ‘Hit Me Up’ on Astralwerks, ‘I’m So Excited’, again with Drop, on Kontor Records, and cementing his relationship with both Spinnin’ Records and the KSHMR imprint Dharma with the 2018 Marnik co-production ‘Hymn’ and his 2019 solo hit ‘Kalimba’.
With more new tracks set to drop over the second half of 2019 the youngster looks likely to further establish himself as one of Europe’s most exciting talents rising through the ranks.
- Tell us about that first track that put you on the map in the electronic scene and the journey since. How did you get started?
Hey! I’ve started from an instrumental then recorded a vocal and crossed my fingers for a good label to enjoy the result!
- Tell us about your latest Remix on KSHMR’s ‘My Best Life’ ‘on Dharma?
Yes! My remix for best life by KSHMR feat. Mike Waters was just released on Dharma! So honored about that!
- What single night out has been the most memorable for you as a DJ and producer?
Probably when I played at Noa Beach Club with KSHMR on stage, it was unbelievable
- Tell us something we wouldn’t normally find out about you.
I’m in love with English bulldogs!
- Give us the name of one track that never gets old for you no matter how many times you listen to it?
Payback by Steve Angello X Dimitri Vangelis & Wyman
- What tours / residencies / upcoming events do you have in the pipeline that we mustn’t miss out on?
Right now we are working for the winter tour but this summer was pretty crazy, played in 7 different countries for more than 20 gigs!
- The relationship between the audience and the DJ is crucial, and yet it seems to be a fragile one – how do you see the balance between giving the crowd what they want and treating them to something new?
Probably is about creating the right process during a live show. Have to come with some hits but with something new too and if everything is connected and mixed up in the right way and the DJ is a good communicator the show must be good! The music doesn’t have to be generic really important!
With tour dates now beginning to pile into his diary, including huge performances at legendary festival Tomorrowland, Ultra Europe, Black Sheep Festival, Spring Break Island and beyond, the young Italian continues to stamp his growing mark across 2019, his army of fields expanding as his music reaches further and further afield.
Follow DANKO on Social Media