Ministry of Sound DJ’s PvssyCat and Tania Amazon team up for a Tech House Banger that will have you dancing until the sun comes up! A modern ‘Fisher’ style track with silky basslines and a sick beat!
“Girl” Is the first of many collaborations with Tania Amazon. Their next track “Psycho” Is out 01/03/2020! Stay Tuned!
Listen to ‘Girl’ on Spotify!
- Tell us about that first track that put you on the map in the electronic scene and the journey since. How did you get started?
I have always been a DJ but it wasn’t until the success of “Move The Floor” that I started to call myself a producer. Ever since, I’ve been making more ambitious tracks. My goal is always to make dance music inspired by other genres and to play shows with character. That’s exactly how I’ve spent my time over the last year !. I think I will always love DJing more than production.
- Tell us about your latest track ‘Girl’ with Tania Amazon
The concept behind Girl was simple. To create a modern tech house record blended with modern electro sounds. But I would be lying if I told you it wasn’t massively inspired by Fisher. Tania & I are from the UK. We knew we had to make the track dirty to resonate in the UK dance scene.
- What single night out has been the most memorable for you as a DJ and producer?
Playing at Londons Ministry Of Sound, a special moment, spent with all my best friends who made sure they would be there at all costs ! . It was always a dream to play there. I remind myself that this is the place my parents were dancing back in the day.
- Tell us something we wouldn’t normally find out about you.
I used to be a professional gamer. Despite getting my first decks at age 10, my first pursuit was gaming. I used to create youtube videos playing league of legends & world of warcraft. This might sound like the nerdiest thing in the world but I love it. There’s nothing uncool about gaining a million views doing anything !
- Give us the name of one track that never gets old for you no matter how many times you listen to it?
For dance music it has to be Blue Monday. For rock is has to Don’t Look Back In Anger.
- Dream collaboration and why?
Martin Garrix. Money
- If you could play any festival, which would it be?
Boomtown, 100 percent
- How do you get a track started? Tell us a bit about your production process. How long does it take you to complete a track on average and do you ever get writer’s block?
Tracks take a week to a month. It’s vital to take breaks from records. That is the only way to overcome writers block. Sometimes I start with an acapella of a famous track and work backwards to create a record, delete the vocal at some stage and stay in that key for the rest of the track.
- Latest track / EP? What are you working on currently? Tell us more!
I’m working on new music with my cousin “Ascari” It will be a 3 track tech house EP inspired by EDM & future house. We want to merge commercial with underground. There is also a Star Wars bootleg we are doing for fun !
- The relationship between the audience and the DJ is crucial, and yet it seems to be a fragile one – how do you see the balance between giving the crowd what they want and treating them to something new?
In general people have anxiety and need a push to get them dancing. DJing is about gaining trust from the audience & taking them on a journey. You start with something they want to hear, gain the trust, get people moving & then you can play what they didn’t know they wanted to hear and really rock the place
Follow on Instagram