Firebeatz have caused a stir in the industry over the last few years. Having made waves with their unparalleled live energy and ground-shaking productions, the duo have garnered a sizable loyal following worldwide. As regulars at major festivals like Tomorrowland, EDC, Ultra, Creamfields and more, they’ve cemented their position as accomplished performers within the events circuit. With 3 Gold Records, 3 placings in the DJ Mag Top 100, official remixes for countless pop superstars including Rihanna, Pitbull, Flo Rida, Justin Timberlake, Pink, Snoop Dogg, James Blunt, and Sean Paul, plus collaborations with Calvin Harris, Tiësto and Martin Garrix, Firebeatz have truly earned their spot as one of the most talented duos in the music industry.
Hey guys! Thanks for taking the time to chat to us!
- Tell us about the first track that put you on the map in the electronic scene and the journey since. How did you get started?
Well, we both met at the school of arts in Tilburg in the Netherlands. We had a similar taste in music and soon started making music together. Luckily our first tracks were picked up by famous DJ’s and Dutch radio. And it all took off from there basically.
- Tell us about your latest project, a rework of Dennis Ferrer’s ‘Sinfonia Della Notte’ on Heldeep.
Not sure if there’s a lot to tell besides we were able to rework an amazing track from an amazing artist and release it on an amazing label as Heldeep. What else can you wish for? We are super proud and hope you love it as much as we do
- Tell us something we wouldn’t normally find out about you?
We are both real foodies. Not many people know this but we are.
- What single night out has been most memorable for you as a DJ’s and producers?
To be honest if we have to choose we rather stay at home and relax 😉 We normally do so many shows and have so much fun doing it that it’s always nice to have a quiet evening in. Although during these Corona times we are dying to go out….
- Give us the name of one track that never gets old for you no matter how many times you listen to it?
These questions are so hard to answer as there is so much to choose from. We’d rather pick an artist where we can always listen to. That’s Chocolate Puma. Play us anything these guys produced over the years and we’ll never get bored.
- You guys have produced tons of amazing tracks! Which of your own is your personal best?
Don’t make us choose only one! But if we have to we pick our latest track. That’s always the best ever until the next release. 😉
- What have you guys been up to during the lock-down besides making music?
For us the positive side is that we were able to re-energize. Touring for all those years does take its toll. Besides we had more time to socialize. Although it sounds weird in these times of social distancing we had more time to spend time with our loved ones.
- How do you get a track started? Tell us about your production process.
We are music lovers so listen to a lot of music. Also from a diverse range of music genres. Often we get inspired and start composing immediately. We share these ideas with each other. And if we both feel it we continue.
- Upcoming projects? What are you currently working on?
Too much to write down here. Since the start of the Corona virus we have been doing so much in the studio it will take a while for us to finish all of it. We are releasing a track almost every month and there’s enough material to keep that frequency.
- The relationship between a dj and the audience is crucial, and yet is seems to be a fragile one – how do you see the balance between giving the crowd what they want and treating them to something new?
We think it’s important to have the crowd to buy into the story you want to tell on stage. If that means you need to lure them in with something they know so you can later entertain them with something they didn’t know so be it. It’s tricky but it remains craftsmanship. We take this very seriously and maybe that’s why we have been touring for so long. We feel we are still able to surprise and wow our audiences.
Connect with Firebeatz on Social Media!
Firebeatz – ‘Sinfonia Della Notte’ is OUT NOW! via Heldeep Records